House Rules | Maison Agora
In the regulations below you will find the most important house rules that apply to Maison Agora and the associated grounds. We ask that you respect and accept these rules. In this way we can make the stay at Maison Agora as pleasant as possible for our guests and the surroundings.
Rules of Conduct
- During the rental period, the tenant and all those present must act as may be expected of a good tenant. This means, among other things, not causing damage or (noise) nuisance to third parties. It is expressly not allowed to use Maison Agora for student parties, bachelor parties and drinking parties. Illegal substances are not allowed on the premises.
- Smoking or vaping indoors is not permitted in the house.
- Please mind the neighbors by respecting quiet times. Particularly between 11 p.m. and 8 a.m. noise should be kept to a minimum.
- If the tenant or persons accompanying the tenant violate these House Rules, then the landlord is entitled to terminate the rental agreement and have such persons removed from the holiday home. The rent will not be refunded.
- Maison Agora has a heated swimming pool from June to September. During the month of May there is an additional charge of €150/week - please advise 14 days in advance if you would like the pool heated.
- The swimming pool is closed from October to April. In exceptional circumstances (if the outside temperature is around or below 16 °C) the swimming pool will also remain closed. This is not a ground for a refund of all or part of the rent. If the tenant wants to be sure that the swimming pool is open in the relevant rental period, the tenant must check this with the landlord.
- The swimming pool complies with the safety guidelines set. However, there is no supervision by third parties during the stay. It is therefore always the tenant's responsibility to exercise normal caution when using the swimming pool. In particular, parents should adequately supervise children using the pool and while the pool is open.
- If a defect is discovered in the swimming pool that is potentially dangerous, the tenant must immediately report this to the landlord.
- The use of a swimming pool is always the tenant's own responsibility. The landlord shall never be liable for damage or injury caused by use of the swimming pool.
- The tenant must ensure that no liquids or other substances end up in the pool. If, as a result of the tenant’s actions, liquids or other substances end up in the swimming pool, which means that the pool needs to be cleaned, the tenant must report this immediately to the landlord. The landlord may charge any cleaning costs to the tenant.
- The tenant must communicate any issues the tenant has as soon as the tenant becomes aware of them (such as blockages, leaks, etc.), so the landlord can lend a helping hand.
- If something is damaged during the stay (such as breaking a glass or breaking a chair), the tenant must report this to the landlord as soon as possible.
- The tenant is liable for any and all damage to, in or around Maison Agora that is caused during the stay as a result of the actions of the tenant or the persons staying in Maison Agora with the tenant. This includes damage to household effects such as furniture or tableware, damage to the holiday home itself, such as broken windows, but also damage caused by fire or water. In principle, damage is understood to mean the costs of repair, and if repair is not possible, the costs of replacement.
- The tenant and any other persons staying at Maison Agora must have appropriate liability, accident and health insurance during the stay. The landlord is not liable for the consequences of not having appropriate insurance.
- Vehicles are parked on the lawn in front of the house, left and right of the small blue gate.
- Please do not park on the path to the right of the house that leads to the forest. This is a public road and must be clear of any obstacles.
- Parking in the garden is not allowed, as this may damage the underground septic tank located by the large blue gate.
Cleaning and Linen
- There is no cleaning service during the stay.
- If the tenant would like cleaning during the stay, this can be requested in advance from the landlord, for an additional fee and subject to availability.
- Bed linen and towels (including tea towels and beach towels) are included in the rental price.
- If you book 2 weeks or more, you will receive fresh linen and towels every Saturday.
- Towels or bed linen may not be used outside the house and the beach towels may not be used outside the Maison Agora premises.
- Only the four bedrooms on the first floor have air conditioning.
- If necessary, the air conditioning can be used between 8:00 PM and 8:00 AM for a good night's sleep.
- The tenant must ensure to close the windows and door of the bedroom when the air conditioning is running, and turn it off when the tenant is not using the room.
Wood Burning Stove and Fireplace
- The wood stove can be used during the stay.
- However, the fireplace is not usable and it is prohibited to use it.
- The tenant and the persons accompanying the tenant must ensure that any fires are extinguished before they leave the house or go to bed.
Water and Septic System
- The house has a septic tank as a water purification system.
- The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog if incorrect material is flushed. The tenant should not flush anything but toilet paper. Feminine hygiene products should never be flushed.
- The holiday home is equipped with a water softener.
- Therefore, only use a small amount of detergent in the washing machine. This prevents excessive soap production and it is better for the environment.
- It is also not necessary to add dishwasher salt to the dishwasher.
- Do not dry things in the house, but use the washing line in the back of the garden or the washing line at the woodshed. If necessary, dry items on a drying rack in the glass conservatory.
- Animals (max. 2) are welcome and free of charge. However, the tenant must indicate the presence of an animal at the time of booking.
- Naturally, animals are not allowed on beds and furniture and are prohibited in the swimming pool.
- Cleaning up after the animal in the house and in the garden is mandatory and will avoid additional cleaning costs (as these will be passed on to the tenant and deducted from the deposit).
Open Fire Prohibited
- Do not light a fire in the garden of Maison Agora or in the vicinity. The local authorities have banned all types of fire between May and October due to the drought in the summer season and possible risks.
- Please feel free to use the barbecue of Maison Agora instead.
Departure, Final Inspection & Deposit
- Upon check-out, the tenant must ensure that the holiday home is left in the same condition at that in which it was found upon arrival.
- Upon check-out, the tenant may be present and cooperate with the final inspection by the landlord and/or the hostess. During the final inspection, an assessment will be made of whether there is any damage or whether additional cleaning is necessary, and if so, what the costs are. If the tenant has left the holiday home for the final inspection, the landlord and/or the hostess shall be entitled to independently carry out the final inspection. The findings of the landlord and/or the hostess are final.
- If it turns out that there is damage or additional cleaning is required, the tenant must pay the associated costs. The landlord is entitled to deduct these costs with the deposit. If these costs exceed the deposit, the tenant must pay these costs to the landlord within eight days after the final inspection.
- If no damage has been found during the final inspection and no additional cleaning is required, the deposit paid by the tenant will be repaid tot the tenant to the account number stated by the tenant within 14 days after the end of the rental period.
We wish you a pleasant stay at Maison Agora.